The Irony of Affliction

“My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees. Your instructions are more valuable to me than millions in gold and silver. You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands. May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word. I know, O LORD, that your regulations are fair; you disciplined me because I needed it.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:71-75‬ ‭NLT‬‬


Affliction is not temptation 
Temptation: comes to pull out of us what God has put in us
Affliction: comes to draw us closure to God. God wants to put things in your life to help you realized what he has put in you.

Some people are here for you to realize the patience God has giving you. 

If it wasn't for the afflictions of your life you wouldn't know God the way you.


1. Realize when affliction is present 

You first step of solving a problem is realizing that there is one
Lying as if you don't have problem doesn't mean you don't have problem.
Afflictions don't mean God is displeased. Faith doesn't eliminate affliction. We need to stop encouraging church folks to put up facades of perfect life.

Stop praying to God phony. If He can't fix it why can't you tell him what's really wrong? 

Don't assume that you're supposed to know what you're doing. 

As long as you deny your affliction, you're affliction has control over you! 
Unless you take ownership of the affliction you will not have control over it and you cannot give it to God!



2. Understand the usefulness of affliction 

Through affliction we learn the order of God! 
Disciples have discipline! It's crazy how we think we can walk in God without discipline.

You need the Word of God in your life! As a believer you should understand the wealth and worth of God's word.

God doesn't have wasted experiences in your life. God's gonna use EVERY experience to draw you closure to Him. Even your foolishness. Because we draw to God in our troubles.
But if you know to draw closer to God in the absence affliction maybe we would have them less often!

We can only appreciate affliction in retrospect, someone our greatest affliction is "I'm still here"


If God has designed you and designed your afflictions after you, then of course He would make it so you can handle them. 
He didn't put a limit on your afflictions but he put a limit on how much weight we can bare. And he will never give us more than we can bare! 

Those who believe God like I believe will be happy just to see me. You're presence is confirmation that the Lord keeps His word!

The body of Christ should get to place where we share affliction instead of judging them. Many criticize but few offer help.

How is God's faithfulness found in my affliction? Because He will always get to out of it! He will always fulfill His word just like He did for Jesus! 

Because of the affliction of Jesus Christ, we can handle our afflictions! 

Comments