THROWBACK THURSDAY : Faith Has No Training Wheels (4/14/16)


Sup y'all 

Hope Summer '16 is treating you well :)
Since today is Thursday and I came across this on my phone I thought I should share as a throwback. The revelation maybe me slightly childish (especially the analogy) but the word of God says that we should be child-like lol. This short post is called "Faith Has No Training Wheels" based off of my revelation from Luke Chapter 9. I love seeing my old writing while studying the word because I literally just sense from my words how excited I was to seek God and read His word. But anywayssss, I hope this blesses someone!



"Reading Luke 9 I gained more understanding on Jesus's expectation of our faith. He wants us take on our crosses for real and die to ourselves daily, following him! He is actually annoyed by our lack of faith at times because he has it all under control and we still panic, but it's cool the annoyance is from a viewpoint of understanding. 

Jesus said, “You faithless and corrupt people! How long must I be with you and put up with you?” Then he said to the man, “Bring your son here.” (Luke 9:41 NLT)

[lets say a father has spent time and time again training his son to successfully ride a bike, like long dedicated one-on-one hours with his son...his son knows how to ride the bike well in front his father and his father is confident that his son can go ride it on his own in the neighborhood. But as soon as the father allows the son to go out in the neighborhood and the son sees that he cannot see his father watching him, he forgets all that his father has taught him and he crashes his bicycle. Wouldn't you expect the father to be frustrated?]

We are the son
God is the father
Faith is the bicycle 

God has prepared us to step out in the world with faith and do what he has called us to do. But many times we act like the boy did and we loose faith when we feel like we aren't in a safe zone. The difference between this analogy and our walks with God is that God is ALWAYS watching. All the time..but we doubt that his is, we doubt that what he has taught us will work. We need to stop doubting ourselves because we are ultimately doubting God. Ride the bike of faith, remember that faith has no training wheels." 

Comments