"Dear Father"-Conquering Unforgiveness


 “Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.”
1 John 4:18 NLT

Three years ago at my first BCF National Conference, the Lord releaved to me that I was harboring unforgiveness towards my father. "If you want me to fill you, you must be completely empty" which meant riding myself of this bondage and hardened heart towards my father. Shortly after being freed from unforgiveness, the Lord filled me with His spirit in the evidence of tongues which I was desired for longgg time. My walk has never been the same since. God has transformed the way I view my father and the dynamic of my family in general. I pray that He continues to use me as a vessel in my household and that my relationship with my father grows as I grow to know God as my Heavenly Father and I vice versa lol. So here's my testimony in letter form titled "Dear Father" I pray it blesses you! His love is the greatest force there is and will ever be. ❤️

Dear father. I used to tell myself I wanted my husband to be nothing like you. The only father I claimed was the Lord. I respected you out of obligation and not love. I feared you in the worse way. So many days I wished you would just go away.

Dear Father. You showed me that my heart wasn't ready to be filled with your love because it was hardened by hate against my father. The unforgiveness for his multiple wrongs grew within me like a disease. I was blind to what was withholding me from receiving more of your spirit, more of your power, and more of your love. Hate against the man you chose to raise me up as your daughter. I was fatherless by choice until you told me to let go. Let go off the pain, the hate, the bitterness, and unforgiveness. Not because he deserves it, but because I needed to be released from that bondage in order to accept you into my heart. Thank you for showing me that if I can't love him as a father then there's no way I can love you as a Father as well. 

Dear father. Perfect love expels all things. I made the decision to release my hate for you and trade it for unconditional love. With this love, I will see the best in you when circumstances are telling me to see the worse. I chose to speak life over you even when my emotions may tempt me to profess otherwise. I will honor you and love you as the Lord has commanded me to. Finally, I will continue to pray that you grow in the love of the Lord as a husband, father, and man of God. I remember going days without looking you in the face or speaking to you, and now you call me just to hear my voice. We aren't perfect, but I thank God for our growth and I thank Him for your life. The devil tried to take you from us many times but he did not prevail (that's another testimony). But thank you for listening to me and encouraging me to seek the Lord with zeal. Seeing you worship unashamedly gives me more joy than you can imagine. I can't wait to see where the Lord takes our relationship and our household. 


Comments