What Does Separation Mean To Me? (Birthday Post)



Hey Everyone! Thank you first and foremost for all the birthday wishes, and thank you to everyone who has been supporting my blog! Love you all so much! I thought it would be interesting to give a slight testimony of God's goodness!

We often have a harden time understanding the concept of separation and consecration in Christ, so I just wanted to share my revelation of it to you.

"the further away I am from ______ , the closer I am to Christ." literally, that's it. But in all honesty, its not easy to live a lifestyle of separation. It takes faith, discipline, and never ending love for the one and only God. See, today of all days is Slope Day at Cornell University. In some else's eyes, it would be a perfect way to spend a birthday, lots of drinking and partying and concerts etc for the entire day! "It's lit right?" 

But those are not the eyes I'm looking through. I am an viewing things how my Father views them, and for that reason, I had no reason to participate in today's festivities. I did not engage in the things I knew my spirit would not be pleased with because frankly, its not getting me closer to the Father. And if its demoting me instead of promoting me in this walk with Christ, then what's the point?

Trust and believe and I had many people encouraging me to spend the day turning up, but I was not moved by any form or persuasion because my God is greater! There is nothing that can compare to this love that I am continuing to experience in my walk with the Lord! And I don't plan on doing anything to jeopardize the relationship I have with Christ.

Today was truly a day of separation from majority of my student body, and it was one of the best days ever! I celebrated my birthday the way I always do, spending time with people I love. I truly appreciate the friends who didn't mind missing slope day to spend the day with me! God will bless them ten fold!

So yeah, the main take away is that separation is truly rewarding, and intimacy, peace, love and joy in Christ is something you don't wanna miss out on because you're occupied by the things of this world!
If you're a college student walking with God, do not conform. You will be a light for those in dark places as you seek the Lord diligently IJN, I promise :)

Mediate on this scripture y'all!

Philippians 3:7-9
I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith.

Romans 12:1-2
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.


Sincerely,
The Birthday Girl  

Comments